Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blog #1

I read the first chapter out of the novel, New Moon. In this chapter, Bella turns 18 and the Cullen family throw her a birthday party. After the long day of school, Bella and Edward go back to Bellas house to watch Romeo and Juliete. During the movie, Edward tells Bella that if anything every were to happen to her or she were to die, he would have to kill himself because he couldn't live without her in his life. When I read that, I didn't understand why Edward wouldn't just turn Bella into a vampire right then and there. If he were to turn her into a vampire, she would be able to spend forever with him and there would be no reason for the suicidal thoughts. Also, if he were to turn Bella into a vampire, she would be happy and he would be giving her all that she wanted. One thing that also bugged me about the chapter is how angery Bella was throughout the whole chapter. I understand why she is upset that she is older then Edward adn is just going to keep getting older then him but Alice and him were being nothing but nice to her and trying to give her a good birthday. And Bella was being very rude and not liking any of the attention. Other then that i thought that this chapter was very good. I also loved getting back into read the Twilight series again.

No comments: